hp 8660b keyboard module

Posted On 05/26/2019 By In Other Reviews, Reviews

How Convoluted Can You Get? The HP Pulse Transformer Switches

Although not really a “keyboard” per se, this control panel from an early 1970s oscilloscope has quite a keyboard story to tell. Using a clever, double-layered system of inductive spiral switches, this boat anchor of a board has some of the most complicated switches ever put on a keyboard. They use HP Pulse Transformer switches, which have an unbelievably unreliable clicker inside and a set of keycaps that must be seen to be believed.

In this video, Thomas looks at the board’s history and explains in detail how the switches work. (He’s outdone himself on the techno talk on this one.)

Be sure to visit and subscribe to Thomas’ YouTube channel for reviews, guides, and more.

Tags : , , , , ,

Seth Colaner

Editor in Chief of Keychatter. Irrepressibly interested in things. Loves devices that click and clack. Data nerd. Proud Midwesterner. Pass the buffalo chicken dip.

Leave a Reply